Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

10 ways to make your GM love you [WordyWarrior's writings]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Fiddlesticks
Admin
Fiddlesticks

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2009-01-23

10 ways to make your GM love you [WordyWarrior's writings] Empty
PostSubject: 10 ways to make your GM love you [WordyWarrior's writings]   10 ways to make your GM love you [WordyWarrior's writings] I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 2:53 am

Just found this guide on:
http://wordywarrior.wordpress.com/2009/04/08/10-ways-to-make-your-gm-love-you/

Not everybody wants to be an officer, nor is everyone really cut out for a leadership position. But that doesn’t mean if you love your guild you can’t contribute any. There are plenty of things you can do to make your guild leader’s life easier.

1 Be active on the forums. Good communication is necessary for any type of guild, and forums are the easiest way to do that. Being active on the forums means one more person posting, and the more active they are, the more motivated others will be to post. And you don’t just have to post serious things like responses to strategies or class theorycrafting. Start a funny youtube or picture thread, a forum game, or even a make fun of [insert that guy/girl everyone loves to pick on] thread.

2 Don’t just log on for raids. Level alts, play in battlegrounds, run instances, chat on vent- and encourage guildies to join you!

3 There’s nothing wrong with criticizing unfair rules or situations handled incorrectly. After all, we’re people too, and we all make mistakes. But pick when and how you do it carefully. In guild chat, forums, vent during a raid? Absolutely not. Privately and in a constructive manner? Definitely! Constructive feedback from the guild is good- it’s how we know we’re doing things right.

4 Similar to #3, if you have an issue with a guild mate, keep it private and mature. If it can’t be handled between the two of you without getting heated, go to an officer.

5 When you make a mistake or cause a wipe in a raid, immediately own up to it. Don’t point fingers, and don’t try to hide. It’s called taking responsibility for your actions, but more importantly, it saves us time trying to figure out what went wrong. Imagine trying to keep up with 24 other people, and having to troubleshoot between boss attempts. That’s valuable time, and not just your raid leader’s time, but yours too! Use it wisely, and help out!

6 If you know of something going on, such as a member talking of transferring, a member ninjaing in a pug, etc, tell an officer. It’s not ratting someone out, it’s doing the responsible thing. There’s nothing more irritating than a conversation that goes in circles because you can’t name names, and besides that, nothing gets solved that way.

7 Help bump the recruitment thread. Seriously! I love people who help me do this.

8 Let an officer know if you can’t make a raid. There’s nothing wrong with missing a raid. There is if you’re a no-show.

9 Talk, don’t be a social wallflower! I’m not saying nonstop as that can get pretty annoying pretty damn fast. But don’t be afraid to try to get involved and get guild chat going if it’s dead.

10 Cyber with the officers and give them gold and free consumables. Just kidding. Well, I’ll take the gold- just mail it to me! ( Means: Put some gold to guild bank if u want, so everyone gets some benefit from it ^^ ~Amy)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That was a good read Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://pariah-guild.forumotion.com
Amywíel

Amywíel

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2009-01-29

10 ways to make your GM love you [WordyWarrior's writings] Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10 ways to make your GM love you [WordyWarrior's writings]   10 ways to make your GM love you [WordyWarrior's writings] I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 5:19 pm

Made little "fixing" to ur guide Razz Hope u dont get mad, ur the king anyway
Back to top Go down

10 ways to make your GM love you [WordyWarrior's writings]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Wow General :: General chat-
Jump to: